Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

Maple917
Follower

Orbi

My house is 3200 sq.ft. first floor, second floor and a detach work shop.  the internet modem is on the second floor left corner of the house, currently i have no issue with wifi signal in the house for first & second floor but for the garage and the work shop most of the time one bar signal to competely dead. the house original build with aluminum sideding on first floor and stucco on second floor and the garage was just a car port on the right side of the house opposite of the modem (65' away) now it had been convert to fully insulated enclosed garage with a enclosed all glass windown room above it.

so now my garage had a wall between the house with aluminum sideding blocking the signal and the work shop in the back about 30' way from the house very well insulated.

which Orbi Model will be best for my situation?

Orbi AC3000, place a router at the modem will the signal reach through the wall for the garage and satellite inside the work shop work?

or I need a AC2200, place router at the modem, one satellite inside the garage, one satellite inside work shop?

what is the differents between Orbi AC3000 & AC2200? is AC3000 signal a lot stronger than AC2200?

I don't need a wifi signal to cover a large area I just need the signal strong enough to get through the aluminum sideding wall into the workshop and garage?

please advise?

thank you,

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
nicholb
Luminary

Re: Orbi

The satalites need a strong connection back to the router. If the WiFi signal in the workshop or garage is weak, the satalites would not be able to get a good connection back to the router. What might work is an outdoor statalite between the house and workshop. It woudl have a good connection back to the router and may be able to boost the signal into the workshop. 

What might work better is to use the ethernet backhaul feature. If you could run an ethernet cable from the house to the workshop and to the garrage you could put a statlite in each of those locations and they would be able to provide full WiFi at those locations. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7