Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi96 with 2 satellites. I am having difficulty maintaining connectivity. Is ORBI working properly?

Jerry0806
Aspirant

Orbi96 with 2 satellites. I am having difficulty maintaining connectivity. Is ORBI working properly?

Orbi96 is located next to my modem. One satellite is on the lower level, a second satellite is located in the loft. My ISP is Viasat, a satellite dish provider. I want to learn if the Orbi96 is working properly. How do I do this?
Message 1 of 3

Re: Orbi96 with 2 satellites. I am having difficulty maintaining connectivity. Is ORBI working prope

@Jerry0806 wrote:
I want to learn if the Orbi96 is working properly. How do I do this?

Try the section given over to Orbi devices. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Cable Modems, Routers and DSL Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but there is not a lot in common between Orbi devices and DSL modem/routers, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. The model number is on the label on the device.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi96 with 2 satellites. I am having difficulty maintaining connectivity. Is ORBI working prope

What Orbi model # id you have? RBK##? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? There a build in router and wifi here by chance? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@Jerry0806 wrote:
Orbi96 is located next to my modem. One satellite is on the lower level, a second satellite is located in the loft. My ISP is Viasat, a satellite dish provider. I want to learn if the Orbi96 is working properly. How do I do this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7