Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiRBK20

Metcast
Follower

OrbiRBK20

Hi

I Cannot seem to get the Orbi wifi name up on my wifi network. When I'm setting the equipment up for the first time there ie no sight of the link? So I cannot complete installation. All I have is the current network which is Vodafone. Is there a setting in the vodafone router I need to turn off/on? Any help would be appreciated or I will need to return the product.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Metcast wrote:

Hi

I Cannot seem to get the Orbi wifi name up on my wifi network. When I'm setting the equipment up for the first time there ie no sight of the link? So I cannot complete installation. All I have is the current network which is Vodafone. Is there a setting in the vodafone router I need to turn off/on? Any help would be appreciated or I will need to return the product.

What do you mean by "there ie no sight of the link"? 

Couple things. If you can see a current wireless network from vodafone, it usually means that their modem is a combo device. That can put you in a double nat if you run the orbi in router mode and the vodafone device.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Explain more on the you can't get orbi to come up on your wifi name. Was this orbi a returned device/refurbished? Someone might have already set it up once and thats why you aren't getting the stock name showing up. you can try resetting it by pushing reset for 7-10 seconds. 

have you tried directly connecting a pc/computer to the orbi for setup? It usually goes faster and works better for initial setup? The manual walks you through that.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK20.aspx

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the main Orbi forum for your model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

@Metcast wrote:

Hi

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Metcast wrote:

Hi

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7