Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiRBK50

Breakaway9
Guide

OrbiRBK50

I see many people asking about what the icons mean in the app but see no answers. Very simple - I want to assign an icon to my connected devices but your labels don't appear until after they are assigned and saved. Why is this so difficult?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@Breakaway9 wrote:
I see many people asking about what the icons mean in the app but see no answers. Very simple - I want to assign an icon to my connected devices but your labels don't appear until after they are assigned and saved. Why is this so difficult?

Please clarify "what" is so difficult:

• That the app is hard to use, or
  • That people ask about something "obvious"?
Message 2 of 9
Breakaway9
Guide

Wow. Snarky aren't we? My message is crystal clear. In the app, the device icons lack labels. More simply put, where is the legend? Do you work for Netgear?
Message 3 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Yes the app will only show the icons with no text.
If you want to see the text description then please use the web GUI (orbilogin.com).
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Breakaway9 wrote:
.................. Do you work for Netgear?

some in here think they doSmiley Sad

Message 6 of 9

@Breakaway9 wrote:

What app are we talking about here? And where are you looking?

My Android Orbi app (V2.4.21.938) shows an array of icons in the Devices slot. And going in through the Network Map also shows icons.

App IconsApp Icons

I can't recall jumping through any special hoops to make that happen.

Message 7 of 9
ekhalil
Master

I think the problem the OP is reporting is that when you want to select an icon for the device you’ll only see the different icon options but no description or name for the icon.
Please see the attached snapshot.
Message 8 of 9
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

In the app, the icon choices probably do not include their text description due to space limitations on a phone screen, although they could have written the app such that it added the text description on the device screen.  If you use the web interface for the router, then you will see text descriptions rather than the icon when editing, so use it rather than the app for changing the icons for your devices.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7