Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbio rbr 50

Teddyp
Aspirant

Orbio rbr 50

Hi I have an issue with my orbio rbr 50 router when I first purchased it over a year ago I had a message on my MacBook telling me my router is not compatible in the uk but I purchased it here I ignored it and all was fine but now I’m getting region locked in Netflix saying I am outside the uk and I am in de which I assume is Germany which is exactly what my MacBook told me
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats someting you'll have to discuss with NetFlix.

Message 2 of 5
Teddyp
Aspirant

But my MacBook Air says the same would I have to discuss that with Apple too my Netflix still works it just happens occasionally basically my MacBook and Netflix thinks my ip is German it only happens on WiFi I don’t have a vpn and I don’t have the issue when I plug my Bt router back in thanks
Message 3 of 5
Teddyp
Aspirant

Just to add my MacBook actually says that my router is not compatible in the uk and is from de Germany
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You should contact NG support. You may have a wrong region HW for your region and Netflix is detecting this some how. You can see if there is any regional or language settings in the routers web page, Other than this, this is something we can't help with here in the forums. Contact NG support and ask for help and information on this.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7