Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbit placement with 2 satellites

ymc226
Aspirant

Orbit placement with 2 satellites

I have a 3 floor 7000 sq ft home and just bought the Orbi with 2 satellite set from Costco for $500.  ISP is Verizon Fios with TV/phone and using the Action Tec Fios Router/Modem which wireless is off as an Apple Airport Extreme is used as an access point to broadcast wifi.  

The Orbi router will be at one end of the house (where the Fios cable and modem are) and a satellite will go towards the center of the house.  Can the 2nd satellite be place still farther away in a line (R -> S1-> S2) from the Orbi router or should the Orbi router be at the "center."  This latter placement pattern would not be how my house built.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

ymc226 wrote: Can the 2nd satellite be place still farther away in a line (R -> S1-> S2) from the Orbi router or should the Orbi router be at the "center."  This latter placement pattern would not be how my house built.

hi

no , atm you have to run the orbi like this

sat ----- router --- sat

as its not a mesh system , there has been suggestion it may be mesh in the future but no real confirmation

so atm the orbi router needs to be in the certer of the 2 units

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies

ymc226 wrote: Can the 2nd satellite be place still farther away in a line (R -> S1-> S2) from the Orbi router or should the Orbi router be at the "center."  This latter placement pattern would not be how my house built.

hi

no , atm you have to run the orbi like this

sat ----- router --- sat

as its not a mesh system , there has been suggestion it may be mesh in the future but no real confirmation

so atm the orbi router needs to be in the certer of the 2 units

Message 2 of 5
ymc226
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer.

Message 3 of 5
bneiderman1
Aspirant

What do you mean it is not a mesh system? That is how it was advertised.

Message 4 of 5

@bneiderman1 wrote:

What do you mean it is not a mesh system? That is how it was advertised.

its not a mesh system in the sat's dont communicate with each ither , they only talk to the orbi router at the current time

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7