Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PROBLEM: Can't use credit card for online purchases through NETGEAR WEBSITE

illegal-john
Aspirant

PROBLEM: Can't use credit card for online purchases through NETGEAR WEBSITE

I was very thrilled to see that an orbi product was at 179.99 with the extra 10% discount(included with sale price). I decided to get it as the servicemen will come in 5 days to install a new modem. As I proceed into the checkout page I hit a roadblock, the site only lets you use a credit card, first of all, as a business that's not a smart move as you are limiting yourself to clients who only have credit cards. I would like to be able to pay in debit card, as this item looks amazing. Anyone know where we can pay with a debit card, and I already tried calling costumer service, it was a tech lady saying that she couldnt help me, waste of 40 minutes waiting for that call. smh

here's the orbi link, as it is not listed in the model section of the post : https://store.netgear.com/cart?lang=en_US&_ga=2.197985839.1826294861.1586977465-1362457997.158697746...

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Hmm After entering if name and such and the selecting Payment method, This appears:

"We cannot find the page you are looking for!

We’re sorry!

We seem to have misplaced this page: (Page or File Not Found: 404 error). Please try the search function below to help you find what you were looking for.

If you can’t find what you are looking for, why not let our trained staff recommend something?

Our Customer Service representatives are available now to help. Email us or call 800-555-0199."

Something going on with there payment system on there web site. 

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

I would contact one of the forum moderators via PM and see if they can help out any. 

Message 2 of 5
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @illegal-john

If your debit card has the Visa or Mastercard logo on it our NETGEAR Store should accept it. I'd like to try to replicate this issue but the link you provided directs me to my personal shopping cart and does not give me any indication of which Orbi model you were trying to purchase. Can you provide the model number of the Orbi system and I'll be able to investigate the source of the error you're encountering.

@FURRYe38 ~ Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 🙂

Kind Regards to all,

ChristineT

Message 3 of 5
illegal-john
Aspirant

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Just my "two cents":

• The thought of using a debit card for web purchases gives me the chills.  I won't swipe a debit card anywhere. (Use Google pay on my smartphone and select the debit card at gas stations that price debit card sales lower than credit card.)
  • I would much prefer to order from Amazon because of the "no hassle" return policy.  There have been a number of posts on the forum describing issues with purchases from the Netgear web store.

Yes, I am old and cranky.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7