Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PS4 will not connect to Orbi RBR50 ?

OrbiGuy1
Aspirant

PS4 will not connect to Orbi RBR50 ?

WiFi is working but I get an error code on my PlayStation4. (CE-37813-2) I tried connecting by Wired and LAN.

My friend has the same system and didn’t have any trouble connecting with his PS4 or had to change any settings.

The Orbi app says everything is connected too.

Trying to connect to the Satellite. It turned blue also before trying to connect.

I saw another topic about this but I don’t know how to change the Firmware and don’t understand why you have to do that.

Also a dell computer on google asked to have permission by signing in to NETGEAR to use the site on the Internet. That didn’t make sense either.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
OrbiGuy1
Aspirant

The Orbi WiFi is still working and I am able to use the Internet but now I just noticed also that it will not let me download apps on my iPhone ( Unable to download app ) because I just switched over to my ISP WiFi and it let me download the app. What is wrong with my Orbi WiFi?
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Reboot both Orbi and PS. Setup a IP address reservation for the PS ON the Orbi. 

Ask Sony what that error code is. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@OrbiGuy1 wrote:
WiFi is working but I get an error code on my PlayStation4. (CE-37813-2) I tried connecting by Wired and LAN.

My friend has the same system and didn’t have any trouble connecting with his PS4 or had to change any settings.

The Orbi app says everything is connected too.

Trying to connect to the Satellite. It turned blue also before trying to connect.

I saw another topic about this but I don’t know how to change the Firmware and don’t understand why you have to do that.

Also a dell computer on google asked to have permission by signing in to NETGEAR to use the site on the Internet. That didn’t make sense either.

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7