Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Placement of Router and Satellite Unit for optimal coverage

Secil
Follower

Placement of Router and Satellite Unit for optimal coverage

I am considering the purchase of the Orbi AC3000 Router w/ 1 satellite node for distributing wifi throughout my multi-level home.  The online manuals always show the router in the basement or bottom floor and the satellite node placed on the upper most floor.  My internet connection into the house is on my upper most floor.  Will I get the same level of coverage if I place my Router upstairs and the satellite node on the lower level?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
mwhals
Tutor

It should not matter if you reverse the router and satellite locations. It is still the same path and distance for them, but just opposite in your situation.
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Your internet placement is similar to mine. Upper most floor with most of the networking and Orbi router. Mines at one end of the house while the Satellite is at the remote opposite end of the house. Works well for a 5000sq ft house. 

@Secilwrote:

I am considering the purchase of the Orbi AC3000 Router w/ 1 satellite node for distributing wifi throughout my multi-level home.  The online manuals always show the router in the basement or bottom floor and the satellite node placed on the upper most floor.  My internet connection into the house is on my upper most floor.  Will I get the same level of coverage if I place my Router upstairs and the satellite node on the lower level?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7