Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding / Port Triggering page wont load

ausheikh
Tutor

Port Forwarding / Port Triggering page wont load

I am able to access the web interface however the Port Forwarding Page/ Port Triggering page wont load (just blank) and when I select "Basic" i just get "Please wait a moment" with the spinning circle.

I have factory reset the router but that hasnt helped. Currently running V2.7.4.24. (RBR50)

Appreciate any advice on how to resolve the issue

Message 1 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Port Forwarding / Port Triggering page wont load

If I recall correctly, when the Orbi web page first opens, it displays the Basic home page.  Does this happen as it should, but then when trying to return to the basic home page later it does not?

On the Advanced tab, do other menu items open correctly?  i.e. it is only the Port Forwarding/Port Triggering menu that fails to open?

Message 2 of 13
ausheikh
Tutor

So the navigation on the left opens up correctly, but the dashboard never opens up. I can click on advanced and everything works except for the port forwarding page.
Going back to basic has the same result… please wait and the spinning circle
Message 3 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

Very strange.  Can you try a different web browser, or "clear cache"? (I always have to look up how to do that.)

Message 4 of 13
ausheikh
Tutor

Good thought! But the same behavior, I tried in google chrome. Cleared the cache but still the same result. I checked more pages this time, and as far as i can tell, its just the port forwarding page that wont open

Message 5 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

Sounds like that web page is corrupted. (Have no idea how that could happen.)  If restarting the router does not fix it, the only option I see is to do a Factory Reset or update to the latest firmware.  v2.7.5.4 came out Feb 23.  Netgear does not let routers "see" new firmware until some time after they place it on the support web site.  This allows "early adopters" to install the firmware and report any problems they discover.  Eventually, Netgear actually forces the router to update in the middle of the night.

v2.7.5.4 if available here: https://kb.netgear.com/000065539/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-7-5-4 

Download and unpack firmware for both the router and satellite.

Then, use the "Manual Update" option on the Firmware Update page.

Update the satellite first, then the router.

This plus the reboot may make a difference.

(It's not wasted effort because much of the time the first recommendation is, "install the current firmware.")

Message 6 of 13
ausheikh
Tutor

Did the firmware  upgrade on the router, waited around 1 minutes and it didn’t come back online. I then did a power cycle on the router, still no luck, any suggestions?

Message 7 of 13
ausheikh
Tutor

Tried a factory reset, held the reset button down for almost a minute led never went amber.
Message 8 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ausheikh,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are experiencing issues with the port forward / port triggering page not loading on your RBR50 with FW version 2.7.4.24. In an attempt to resolve this issue, your router has been updated to the latest FW version 2.7.5.4 but has not been responsive. Please use our TFTP installation method to load the FW to your RBR50.

Please navigate to the link below for the direct download site for your RBR50:

Orbi RBR50 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support

Please navigate to the link below for instructions on how to use TFTP to recover your RBR50:

How do I upload firmware to my NETGEAR router using a TFTP client on Microsoft Windows? | Answer | N... 

Please let us know if you need further assistance!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 9 of 13
ausheikh
Tutor

tried the TFTP method, doesnt work, holding down reset doesnt make the LED turn amber.

Message 10 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ausheikh,

Thank you for verifying that information!

I understand that you are unable to access the port forward /port triggering page on your RBR50 I would like to endorse you to our support team for additional assistance.

Please provide the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 11 of 13
ausheikh
Tutor

Id rather not put my details on a post, is there an email address i can send the details to?

Message 12 of 13
CrimpOn
Guru

Create a private message by clicking on the moderator's screen name, @KevinLiT and select the box Send Private Message.

(Notice that Netgear employees have that "N" after their screen name where the rest of us have some goofy symbol.)

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7