× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Possible to extend RBK53 with 2 additional satelites ?

kmoens
Follower

Possible to extend RBK53 with 2 additional satelites ?

Hi,

Is it possible to extend an RBK53 with 2 additional satelites, being RBS50Y and RBS40V bringing the total of number of satelites to 4 ? Since I read that the RBR50 router only supports 3 satelites but at the sametime the RBK55 exists with has 4 satelites.

Thank you,

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Possible to extend RBK53 with 2 additional satelites ?

@kmoens wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to extend an RBK53 with 2 additional satelites, being RBS50Y and RBS40V bringing the total of number of satelites to 4 ? Since I read that the RBR50 router only supports 3 satelites but at the sametime the RBK55 exists with has 4 satelites.

Yes, indeed.  On this forum, I have seen posts describing Orbi systems with as many as six satellites.  There appears to be a "trick" to getting past three.  People describe powering one of the existing satellites off, adding another satellite, then powering that original satellite back on.  To get to five, two satellites are powered off, new one added, then those original two powered back on.  And so on.

It appears that the web page to add satellites cannot recognize more than three powered on satellites at one time.

Caveat: I have never done this, as I have only one satellite.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series