Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with adding satellite

Nyflgirl
Aspirant

Problem with adding satellite

I have my Ac3000 set up and working. I wanted at add a 2nd satellite so I got a rbs40. I have it all hooked up and it’s showing both satellites online, however if the rbs40 is plugged in and you are near it, you can’t connect to the wifi. When I unplug the satellite I can access the web. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password.

Can you get logged in and see the FW version here? 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

What is indicating the RBS40 satellite is on-line?

Message 2 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

The orbi app is showing it online. If I plug in the satellite I lose internet, my phine shows the internet but I can not go online. if I unplug it the internet is available again.
Message 3 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

The orbi app
Message 4 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

I can’t see if it would be connected via Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net), When I plug it in, and try to interface, nothing happens. It won’t connect to the orbi router. It seems like the satellite blocks the wifi connection for anyone near it.
Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is loaded on the 50 series system? Possible the FW is newer than whats on the 40 series RBS which probably needs to be updated...

Message 6 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

I was able to log into the interface, went to software update and the update for the rbs40 failed. Everything else is already updated.
Message 7 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

So the automatic update failed, I tried the manual update as the satellite has version V1.11.0.20

On net gear website and download the firmware update, when I click upload I get a error message that says “the firmware file is incorrect” I tried the latest firmware, the same version it has and one up from what it has, they all say the file is incorrect.

My rbs50 is on V2.5.2.4
Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password.

Can you get logged in and see the FW version here? 

Message 9 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

I just realized the new satellite I got says orbi mini rbs40? I can’t find a firmware update for it anywhere.
Message 10 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

I log in with admin and password on the bottom of the satellite and I get 401 unauthorized, access denied..has no supplied correct. I tried multiple times, same error
Message 11 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

I’m in , version V1.11.20
Message 12 of 14
Nyflgirl
Aspirant

I selected the update, used the newest firmware I down loaded and it updated!!!

THANK YOU
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo