Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: QOS RBR50 error

C0lin
Follower

QOS RBR50 error

I have the orbi RBR50 and want to set up the QOS for gaming but when I go and add a new priority rule it always gives me "400 Bad Request: This server does not support the operation requested by your client." Is there any way to fix this issue. Thank You in advanced.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@C0lin wrote:

I have the orbi RBR50 and want to set up the QOS for gaming but when I go and add a new priority rule it always gives me "400 Bad Request: This server does not support the operation requested by your client." Is there any way to fix this issue. Thank You in advance.

How are you tryiing to make a QoS setting?  My RBR50 Orbi web interface has no menu selection for "QoS".

What firmware release is on this Orbi?

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

QoS is automatic on Orbi. You can't make any changes. 

@C0lin wrote:

I have the orbi RBR50 and want to set up the QOS for gaming but when I go and add a new priority rule it always gives me "400 Bad Request: This server does not support the operation requested by your client." Is there any way to fix this issue. Thank You in advanced.

Message 3 of 8
Jmb3d
Aspirant

Here is the link for the qos settings. It's disabled by default and gives server error if you try to turn on.

http://orbi login.net/QOS_main.htm
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

That feature is not supported on Orbi systems. Only the speedtest app is. 

Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@Jmb3d wrote:
Here is the link for the qos settings. It's disabled by default and gives server error if you try to turn on.

My experience matches yours.  Appears (to me) that at one time user manipulation of QoS was part of the design and somewhere along the way they decided to drop it.  Makes one wonder why the remainder of the QOS web pages are still in the package, just with no way to reach them.  I count at least 14 htm's (not counting the SpeedTest and Speed Test Results).

I also have no idea how one would verify that Orbi "doesn anything" about QoS.  I read about some 802.3 standard that ethernet switches say they honor.  Would there be evidence in a packet capture that some traffic is "different" than others?

Message 6 of 8
fury88
Star

This would be really nice if they enhanced the current dynamic QoS or gave us options to
Modify. I have the $1000 850 and I’d expect small business performance out of this. With everyone working from home, having router thinks it knows better by prioritizing my son’s XBox over a video conference or file sharing isn’t a good idea during the day 😝
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

For any Orbi AX help and information, please post over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

NGs Orbi systems are all QoS automatic. Highly doubtful you'll ever see any advanced configurations in QoS for Orbi. 

Thank you. 

@fury88 wrote:
This would be really nice if they enhanced the current dynamic QoS or gave us options to
Modify. I have the $1000 850 and I’d expect small business performance out of this. With everyone working from home, having router thinks it knows better by prioritizing my son’s XBox over a video conference or file sharing isn’t a good idea during the day 😝

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7