Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QoS Orbi RBR 50

BunnyS
Aspirant

QoS Orbi RBR 50

I am using ethernet right next to the router and modem and I would like that to be the priotized connection. The moment someone goes on youtube on their phone wirelessly, the bandwidth seems to split unevenly to them even though, I really need the speed for business meetings. Is there a way to give my Wired connection to Orbi the priority. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: QoS Orbi RBR 50

@BunnyS wrote:

I am using ethernet right next to the router and modem and I would like that to be the priotized connection. The moment someone goes on youtube on their phone wirelessly, the bandwidth seems to split unevenly to them even though, I really need the speed for business meetings. Is there a way to give my Wired connection to Orbi the priority. 

Not that has ever been mentioned.  Orbi has some sort of "Dynamic Qos" capability that I can find no explanation for.  And, Orbi's QoS is based on applications, not devices.  So, my conclusion is "no".

Message 2 of 6
BunnyS
Aspirant

Is there a way to access this Dynamic QoS? It seems like this has been a problem for many many years. 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

It's automatic so no access thru UI. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

When Orbi was first released, I believe there was a method to tinker with the QoS settings (although my memory of four years ago is hazy).

There are still "QOS" web pages in the firmware, but they appear to be inactive.

I think the only obvious solution is to buy more bandwidth.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7