Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Questions before buying rbk50

Kaiyuanben
Aspirant

Questions before buying rbk50

Hi,

I am looking to buy orbi rbk50, and I have both Nest hello doorbell and nest thermostat. I did a bit research online seems that orbi is not compatible with nest products or you will have to trun off the beamforming/mu-mimo to get nest to work. Is it ture?

Thank.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 11

@Kaiyuanben wrote:

I did a bit research online seems that orbi is not compatible with nest products or you will have to trun off the beamforming/mu-mimo to get nest to work.

You mean Nest products are not compatible with Orbi?

The Orbi just delivers wifi to whatever industry standard you pick, it is down to whatever you want to connect to the wifi to play ball.

You don't say anything about there you did this on-line research, but did it include this?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Nest hello doorbell

Message 2 of 11
Kaiyuanben
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Yes. I did read some of them. After reading them, seems there is no definite solution to fix the compatibility issue. You will need to try it out, either to turn off beamforming/Mu-mimo or assign static IP, it is all case specific. That is why I want ask first before I make the purchase.
Message 3 of 11
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Many places will give a two week grace period. I'm actually curious myself about the question. I will not turn off those two features under any circumstances.
Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

NEST Thermostats are compatible with Orbi. My two work well with RBK50 and CBK40 systems. I don't have any NEST Cameras. 

@Kaiyuanben wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to buy orbi rbk50, and I have both Nest hello doorbell and nest thermostat. I did a bit research online seems that orbi is not compatible with nest products or you will have to trun off the beamforming/mu-mimo to get nest to work. Is it ture?

Thank.

Message 5 of 11
Kaiyuanben
Aspirant

Thanks.
I think the issue is with nest doorbell now. Seems thermostat is working fine with orbi.
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Might do a search on doorbell. There are a few threads regarding this. 

Message 7 of 11
Kaiyuanben
Aspirant

Yeah. Seems like I need to disable certain orbi functionality to get the doorbell work but no definite answer yet. It is case specific.
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You can temporarily disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast to see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Check out those other door bell threads. Hopefully you will find something that helps. 

Message 9 of 11
Kaiyuanben
Aspirant

Yeah. Need to do more research.
Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors