Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RB50 as AP - No Internet connection despite all devices connecting fine

olivierwa
Aspirant

RB50 as AP - No Internet connection despite all devices connecting fine

Hello,

I have a RBK50 set as wireless AP and connected to an internet modem Huawei model B715s-23c. (4G modem)

The RBR50 is connected via its Internet port (yellow on the back) to the ethernet port of the Huawei modem.

All my devices connected via the AP can access the Internet fine.

However, the RB50 itself can't and displays an Error that it is not connected to the Internet.

The LAN post shows the connection is fine

I have tried to:

- Set the RB50 as router instead of AP ==> Same result

- Reset the RB50 entirely ==> Same result

- I have disconnected all satellites to only leave the main RB50 ==> Same result

- Went through the internet setup of the RB50 page ==> Same result

This used to work fine with the exact same setup and stopped working just a few days back

I have also noticed 2 interesting things:

- My sonos speakers can no longer access the internet

- My computer can't connect via SSH to remote servers.

RBR50 and RBS50 Firmware: V2.7.3.22

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
olivierwa
Aspirant

I actually found the issue and sharing it with the forum in case someone has a similar issue.

My 4G Huawei modem's configuration (model B715s-23c) changed from "IP V4 only" to "IP V4 + IP V6". The change probably happened via a firmware update.

It seems that the netgear was not able to connect with such settings. This was true as well for my Sonos devices. I switched it back to IPV4 Only and everything connected propery include the netgear RBK50. The settings on the modem can be found under the APN entry

I hope this will help other people.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the IP address string used by the 4G router? 192.168.1.1 or something different? 

Did you configure AP mode on the RBR for Dynamic IP addressing or Static? 

Message 2 of 3
olivierwa
Aspirant

I actually found the issue and sharing it with the forum in case someone has a similar issue.

My 4G Huawei modem's configuration (model B715s-23c) changed from "IP V4 only" to "IP V4 + IP V6". The change probably happened via a firmware update.

It seems that the netgear was not able to connect with such settings. This was true as well for my Sonos devices. I switched it back to IPV4 Only and everything connected propery include the netgear RBK50. The settings on the modem can be found under the APN entry

I hope this will help other people.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7