Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 85x and Remote Administration/login

AKLGUY
Apprentice

RBK 85x and Remote Administration/login

Hi team. In a recent update have they removed the option to remote administrate/login to the routers?

I have an RBK852, using it as a Router. Im stuck inside a hospital at the moment and just would like to update and change a new things. But I couldnt login, lucky I had a computer still turn on that had AnyDesk turn on and I was able to login then access the router and I couldnt see the option to turn on the ability to remote manage. I was able to turn VPN on and get the settings file so I can login and now do the things I need to every so often. But would have been nice to have the function to remote administer via the Orbi App. But I just couldn't see it come up.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK 85x and Remote Administration/login

The Remote Management feature disappeared some time ago from all Orbi systems.

It has been "replaced" with the Orbi App Anywhere Access feature, which has to be enabled when the device running the Orbi app is connected locally to the Orbi WiFi. (not much of an option in your case)

To be brutally honest, what you are currently able to accomplish is far superior to anything the Orbi app provides.

If you sincerely want to use the Orbi app, then someone needs to take the device running the app home where it can connect locally to the Orbi WiFi, then go into the app Settings and enable Anywhere Access. This may be more trouble than it is worth.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The Remote Management feature disappeared some time ago from all Orbi systems.

It has been "replaced" with the Orbi App Anywhere Access feature, which has to be enabled when the device running the Orbi app is connected locally to the Orbi WiFi. (not much of an option in your case)

To be brutally honest, what you are currently able to accomplish is far superior to anything the Orbi app provides.

If you sincerely want to use the Orbi app, then someone needs to take the device running the app home where it can connect locally to the Orbi WiFi, then go into the app Settings and enable Anywhere Access. This may be more trouble than it is worth.

Message 2 of 3
AKLGUY
Apprentice

I really just wanted to be able to login via a browser from outside the home, Ie if I was on the road for work.

So I could trouble shoot, reboot the router. guess I will stick to the VPN option.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7