Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK13 Firmware update problems

dl42
Aspirant

RBK13 Firmware update problems

Anyone else seeing any issues with Firmware Version 2.6.2.104 on RBS10 and RBR10?

My RBK13 (AP mode) setup would stop working - no wifi connectivity - about once a day after upgrading to this version.   Switch it off and on again and all good till the next time.

Reverted back to 2.6.1.44 and all looks solid again.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dl42

As suggested by @FURRYe38, have you tried factory resetting the device? 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch next time FW is updated...

Message 2 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dl42

As suggested by @FURRYe38, have you tried factory resetting the device? 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
dl42
Aspirant

Not as yet.

Wanted to just validate that the issue was the fw and not something else(hw?) as it dod seem to be random.

Looks to be the case as everything has been solid again since I reverted to the old fw version.

Will try and find time to do the factory reset - though why it should be needed is another matter.

I take it I'm the only one seeing this issue?  Is it because I am running in AP mode?

Message 4 of 6
dl42
Aspirant

The factory default and then update seems to have resulted in a solid network once more.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7