Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK20 App does not recognize it's connected / Satellite remains solid white only.

Max_Awesomeness
Aspirant

RBK20 App does not recognize it's connected / Satellite remains solid white only.

RBK20 Just bought and set up router (works great).

Problem 1 - App does not recognize it's connected. Keeps saying random things like plug in your cables (they're plugged in), pushes me to redo setup. If I do, it still has the same problem. Gives "Try again", "New setup" and "connect via anywhere access" as options. Then says no devices available. I'm using the orbi router to post this though - it's working from the router. Can never fully complete setup on the app though. Had many times previously where the setup would complete but upon opening the app afterward it would say it's not been setup. Now it just says it can't connect. 

Problem 2 - I assume it's somehow connected to problem 1 - Satellite doesn't connect. When I try to sync, it goes throught the motions, flashing white light, but then solid white. Never any other colours. Have reset many times, moved it all over the place, snyced many times, it has turned blue once briefly and then I reset for other reasons and it hasn't done it again but the led for blue isn't broken... 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK20 App does not recognize it's connected / Satellite remains solid white only.

I find the Orbi 'app' almost useless and much prefer using the Orbi web interface to configure routers and sync satellites.

The RBR20 User Manual explains the process:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 4
Max_Awesomeness
Aspirant

Re: RBK20 App does not recognize it's connected / Satellite remains solid white only.

Thanks... I've gone down that road but it doesn't help me to fix anything. I tried to download the latest firmware, but it just offers zip files that say they're corrupted when opened. So there's no avenue for setup via the web it seems. No live chat support either. I think I'm going to end up taking it back. I'm not a computer genius and I think you need to be to use this.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you unpacking the .zip files prior to updating the FW? They have to be unpacked to reveal the actual FW files that need to be send thru the RBR or RBS FW update feature on there web pages using a web browser and PC. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7