Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK22 compatibility

Scottrbj
Follower

RBK22 compatibility

I currently use Frontier Commuications for internet service to my vacation home in AZ.  I am constantly having to reboot the modem.  I was thinking of switching to Suddenlink but I just received a Netgear  orbi RBK22 for christmas.  Is this compatible with Fronbtier and or Sudenlink?  Do you think the Orbi will enhance Frontiers and or Suddenlinks performance?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK22 compatibility

Every Orbi is compatible with nearly every internet modem that has an ethernet jack.  Orbi owners subscribe to almost every internet service provider in the US and dozens of other countries.

The "key" is that Orbi performs best when the modem is "only a modem".  Not a modem/router.  Not a modem/WiFi/router.

Orbi also will not do anything to keep a modem from needing to be restarted.  That is a problem that needs to be addressed before installing any brand of WiFi.  If Frontier is not reliable in your location, and Frontier is not able to resolve the problem, I would consider a change to some other provider.  Please understand, I have had the same cable service since Comcast put it in 20 years ago, before Adelphia bought out Comcast, before Time-Warner bought out Adelphia, before Spectrum bought out Time-Warner.  I know (literally) zero about Frontier or Suddenlink.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7