Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50: Unknown Device in "Attached Devices"

sh2sg
Apprentice

RBK50: Unknown Device in "Attached Devices"

Firmware 2.0.1.4.

Orbi Router in AP mode.

In Web Admin Portal, some of my devices like iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, when they first time connected to Orbi Router, the correct device names (taken from iPhone settings / General / About) appeared in "Attached Devlices" list. But after I reboot Orbi Router, they appeared as "Unknown Device", why?

If I manaully rename device model / device name / type from "Attached Devices",

- will the new names overide its original names?

- will the changes be saved even I Orbi Router is reboot?

- does Orbi admin portal match modifed device model/name by Mac address or IP address?

In Orbi Mobile App (iOS version), "Device List" doesn't seem to use the modified names that I made via Web Portal, many are simply "Unknown" while they have modifed names in Web Portal. Why?

Thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
sh2sg
Apprentice

correction: mobile app is able to use the new names that I changed from admin portal.

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW do you have loaded? Some have mentioned some issues with detected devices. 

What browser are you using? Happens in IE11 or FF? 

Message 3 of 9
sh2sg
Apprentice

Firmware 2.0.1.4.

Orbi Router in AP mode.

Safari.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Been others mentioning this. I presume NG is aware of it as well. You can either try to upgrade to v18 FW or wait until NG posts the next official release. We don't know when that will be though. 

Message 5 of 9
sh2sg
Apprentice

upgraded to 2.1.3.4

device name seems OK now, but I noticed some devices may disppear from the list after some time, but they are still accessable, for example I have 2 NAS, both are wired to Router, both have static IP configured. one day after upgraded to 2.1.3.4, one of NAS disppeared from the Atatched Devices, but I am still able to access it via IP. Reboot the NAS brings it back to the list.

Another problem, the list refreshes very often, every second? hope I can disable auto-refresh.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you do a factory reset after applying the Beta FW to both Satellite and Router then setup from scratch?

You might post this here in this thread so the beta team will be more aware:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/td-p/1533584/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Message 7 of 9
sh2sg
Apprentice

Is 2.1.3.4 still beta? I thought Netgeat already started pushing it to all RBK50?

I didn't do factory reset, is it necesseary? 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Appartently they have released v2.1.3.4 to auto update for some. 

Yes, please do a factory reset then set up from scratch...

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7