Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 wont reconnect to internet after restart

puan0601
Aspirant

RBK50 wont reconnect to internet after restart

My RBK50 worked flawlessly for the past 2+ years then recently we had a power outage and now it won't detect the internet connection. I can connect to the wifi network it broadcasts but it says no internet connection available. I'd I plug the ethernet straight into my xbox it works perfectly, but then I plug it into the orbi and "no internet available".

The most interesting piece is that it'll work fine after I do a factory reset, until the first time it restarts after I've set it up through the app. I cant go on living with a factory reset every time the orbi restarts. Helllllp before I revert to my trusty nighthawk 😞
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK50 wont reconnect to internet after restart

How often does it restart?  My Orbi stays up for 70-80 days until I do something to it.

Please do not be tempted to think a firmware update will "fix everything".  Whether to leave 2.3.5.30 is still an open question.

Message 2 of 3
puan0601
Aspirant

Re: RBK50 wont reconnect to internet after restart

It doesn't restart on its own, only with power outages or when unplugged. Never head issues in the 2 years I've owned it until now.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7