Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50

McGorman7
Aspirant

RBK50

Hi, my ORBI RBK50 app says internet offline. I did a reset after the updates because connection kept dropping. My app still says internet offline but seems like my apps are working . How do I get it to say internet online?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50

Does NG Genie say the same thing?

Is your mobile device connected to the Orbi system?

All other devices working ok when connected to the Orbi system?

What mfr and model# ISP modem do you have?

Is the Orbi running in AP mode or router mode?

Message 2 of 4
McGorman7
Aspirant

Mobile device connects but then drops. I have a Verizon model which I was getting my original WiFi from. I connected the Ethernet cable from Modem to Orbi. Orbi WiFi connects then drops off, and then the Verizon mondem wifi auto joins in device
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7