Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK53 (1 x RBR50 Router + 2 x RBS50 Satellites) I need an additional RBS50 to work as an Extender

xtbe
Guide

RBK53 (1 x RBR50 Router + 2 x RBS50 Satellites) I need an additional RBS50 to work as an Extender

Hi,

I have "block all new devices" from connecting set on in the router config. Last week I started a wifi device which was granted access earlier and which had worked correctly before. For some reason it could not connect anymore to the internet. From that moment on I had also several other devices (which were also allowed) which couldn't connect anymore. Firmware was at that moment 2.1.4.10 

After some research it appeared that it didn't work anymore on devices connecting to the sattelites. I also turned off access control but that didn't help, the only resolution was to reset the sattelites, after that the connection was restored.

Looks like there's some kind of bug with devices who get suddenly blocked for some reason although they shouldn''t.

In the meantime I upgrade to the latest firmware (2.1.4.16) , don't know if this will resolve the error anyhow behavior as above shouldn't occur (randomly)

Tnx for investigating.

Regards,

Tom

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK53 (1 x RBR50 Router + 2 x RBS50 Satellites) I need an additional RBS50 to work as an Extende

Try a ERASE of the router and set up from scratch. This time set up the access control just for one device and test it out.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7