Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 10

venksiva63
Aspirant

RBR 10

RBR 10 - 4 satellites

have gigabit internet from my provider (Century Link), and the Orbi app tells me that the speed is 700+ Mbps download and 850+ Mbps upload, which some research has told me is measuring speeds at the router. When I run the Speedtest app on my phone or laptop, though, while sitting a few feet from the main Orbi router, I'm only getting 20-50 Mbps for both download and upload. Is there some way to troubleshoot why the speed on WiFi is very low ?

I have tried to contact support many times and tried all the options to increase speeds.I just want to try one last chance before i toss this Product and go to something else.

Thanks in advance.

Venkata

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR 10

Are you testing over 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

The orbi devices do bandsteering and can move devices between 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

2.4ghz is much much slower than 5ghz. 

Also, just an fyi, the RBR10's aren't going to hit gigabit speeds over wireless. The primary router can do it over a hardwired connection but wouldn't hit it over wireless. 

Message 2 of 5
venksiva63
Aspirant

Are you testing over 2.4ghz or 5ghz?  5 GHZ

The orbi devices do bandsteering and can move devices between 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

2.4ghz is much much slower than 5ghz.  I dont know what this means

Also, just an fyi, the RBR10's aren't going to hit gigabit speeds over wireless. The primary router can do it over a hardwired connection but wouldn't hit it over wireless. Its fine i dont need Gigabit i just need a decent speed like atleat 200-300 speeds.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Your sure your device is connected to 5gh? 

What device are you testing on? 

A device with only a 1x1 antenna isn't going to have the same speed as a 2x2 device. 

Message 4 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

Try following the steps in the Community FAQ: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-... See if the slow speeds start from the RBR and also if wired devices are affected as well as wireless devices.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7