Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 20 and 2 Satellites - Firmware Version 2.3.5.36 - Hot Fix

jkirkg
Aspirant

RBR 20 and 2 Satellites - Firmware Version 2.3.5.36 - Hot Fix

Has anyone experienced any issues with thi update from .26 to .36? 

I am experinecing extremely slow download speeds and I am curious if this frimware update will help that. It seems that classicly the firmware updates are troublesome and I am trying to research as best I can.

In cases someone is wondering, I have a COx Gigabit modem that is in Bridge mode before the Orbi system.

Thanks in advance!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 20 and 2 Satellites - Firmware Version 2.3.5.36 - Hot Fix

Before you update,

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:

Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 4
jkirkg
Aspirant

Cox Gigablast Modem - DTC4141

Running in Bridge Mode

Orbi is in router mode

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 2100 SF
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 25-30 feet

What channels are you using? Auto? Auto
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? at least 6 networks close enough to access

Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.- None of these arre running

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Setup from scratch has not been run

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can keep the system running as is if the system is working well for you. Or you can choose to manually download the FW files for the RBS and RBR and apply them. If you do, update the RBS first, then the RBR lastly. After updating, Power OFF the RBS and RBR for 1 minute then back on. Check to see if the system is working well, if so, be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. If you find the system isn't working well, factory reset the system and setup from scratch. 

Keep the distance to 30 feet minimum. Any closer can cause problems. 

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@jkirkg wrote:

Cox Gigablast Modem - DTC4141

Running in Bridge Mode

Orbi is in router mode

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft? 2100 SF
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 25-30 feet

What channels are you using? Auto? Auto
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? at least 6 networks close enough to access

Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.- None of these arre running

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Setup from scratch has not been run

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7