× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR050 - Web cannot login fully to router and app doesn't show all satellites

cdbarker
Guide

RBR050 - Web cannot login fully to router and app doesn't show all satellites

Hi

I recently noticed that I cannot now login to my RBR050 via web. I can login but when trying to display the homepage, I just get 2Please wait a moment" with a whirring animation while it tries to render the 6 tiles of the Basic tab. I'm on firmware version V2.7.4.2. I've tried re-booting the RBR050 but no luck.

I can connect to the router via the Orbi app, but this will only display 2 out of 3 satellites, even though they are all up and running. The satellites are on the same firmware version and have all been re-booted.

Any ideas what is going on here. Is the one satellite somehow causing this issue?

Regards

Chris

Message 1 of 9
cdbarker
Guide

Re: RBR050 - Web cannot login fully to router and app doesn't show all satellites

I've just tried tapping on the Advanced tab and can see that I do get some pages to render but when I tap on Attached Devices I receive the below error?

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

Message 2 of 9
cdbarker
Guide

Re: RBR050 - Web cannot login fully to router and app doesn't show all satellites

Security>Access Control also get the same 400 Bad Request error as for Attached Devices.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a different browser or device?

Message 4 of 9
cdbarker
Guide

Hi @plemans thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried different web browsers and different Orbi app (android/iOS) but they all behave the same way.

So to summarise, all of my 3 satellites appear to be operational.

1. One satellite  is not visible in the Orbi app and any mobile device.

2. Accessing the router via the web in any browser receives a 400 Bad Request response when trying open Advanced>Access Control

Basic>Attached Devices

Basic>Home

Is the web config file corrupted possibly? i.e somethiing to do with the ACL that relates to the 1 satellite that is not displaying in the app.

Message 5 of 9
cdbarker
Guide

Looking through the forum, it appears that other people have had this issue and have had to revert back to a factory rest. Crazy! I've been on this firmware for ages and it has only recently gone wrong. I have a .cfg file from August 2021 which I may try to restore and see what happens but I'm not so sure as the router/satellites are working. I don't want to perform a factory reset.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

There is one last version of FW that you could try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Wi-Fi-5-AC-and-Orbi-with/New-RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-7-...

If you do update, RBS first, then RBR lastly. After FW has been processed by the RBS then RBR, I'd power OFF the RBS and RBR for 1 minute then back ON. 

Message 7 of 9
cdbarker
Guide

Hi @FURRYe38 

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure why I'm not on that latest version then. I checked for updates and it say's no firmware updates available. I'll have a think about it. This current firmware has been very stable for me until this annoying issue.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The system maybe in some odd state that can't be resolved by a power cycle or reboot. So a factory reset maybe need. 

You could take a current back up of the system now and save it off. Then factory reset and setup from scratch. See if you can get in then, then apply the back up configuration to file. Then check for same log in. Possible it may re-appear, and then you'll know. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series