Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 Change Network Name (not SSID)

RBR20 Change Network Name (not SSID)

I have two properties each with an Orbi RBR20 mesh wifi network.

In my android mobile app, on the Your Products screen, it shows two networks each with the exact same name - RBR20.

How can I rename the networks so I can tell which property I am selecting?

I've tried orbilogin.com/Advanced/Setup/Devicename and renamed but this does not change the names in the Your Products screen in my mobile app.

Here's a screen shot from the mobile app:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YtF-hDc4yUK3RW4BDWbaB0SNHz5cxIsX/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR20 Change Network Name (not SSID)

@DiverAllen216 wrote:

I have two properties each with an Orbi RBR20 mesh wifi network.

In my android mobile app, on the Your Products screen, it shows two networks each with the exact same name - RBR20.

How can I rename the networks so I can tell which property I am selecting?

What a mess!  I saw a post a long time ago about how to add a second system to one account, but remember none of the details.

My guess is that you will get a much more informed response if you post in the forum devoted to the Orbi "app":

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

My sense is that most of the people who participate in this forum use the web interface.  I, myself, only open the "app" when someone asks a question about it.  I just did and saw what you reported.  My Orbi has a "name" different from RBR50, but it appears on the app as "RBR50".  Geez.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the tip. I wound up in this forum by accident.  I just reposted in the App forum.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

If somebody comes up with "how to do this", please come back and update this post.  I would have thought this was an "obvious need" that should be almost trivial to accomplish.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7