Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR20 Router mode Intermittent WIFI dropouts

sh_zoghby
Aspirant

RBR20 Router mode Intermittent WIFI dropouts

Hi Team,

I have my ORBI in router mode worked very well in Australia when ISP was not NBN, after moving to new house with ISP NBN, I have 3-5 seconds 2-3 times dropouts in every voice/video meeting on my Windows and MAC, and the connection is stable when connected wired. ISP confirmed no internet connection issues from their side and the speed test is excellant.

I have the latest firware 2.7.3.22 installed on both router & sattalite with all recommendations in wirless settings tried with no success. I have shared my current settings below. This is very annoying and I really apreciate your advice. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway do you have?

NBN just tells us you have service in australia. Thats it. NBN encompasses a lot of different technologies. 

Message 2 of 5
sh_zoghby
Aspirant

@pplemenos - Thanks for your reply, I am using the ORBI directly connected to the NBN device. I have attached the image for the device here.

Message 3 of 5
sh_zoghby
Aspirant

Hi Team - this is a very annoying issue when you pay for an expensive router and it does not do the simplest task connect to Internet without drop outs for an hour in any call. It is also annoying to have this community forum complaining about same issue with same model since 2019 and nothing was resolved properly from your side. Why you sell faulty models and have community forum that are both useless ? I have been using Netgear for so long and your support is disappointing.
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. we're not netgear. This is the public support forum where members of the public try to help out. 

2.I guess I'm a bit confused. You straight up said it all worked fine until you changed providers. So the router was doing its job as it should. 

When you changed providers, something changed. I don't live in australia or have a fibre gateway to test/play with settings so its tough to tell you what to test on your gateway for settings. That's where your isp should be involved. Sadly most won't because they test "is it getting a signal?" sure. "well, then its not our problem"  It might take fiddling with your gateway a bit more. Sadly, I don't have one to play with to see what options it has for optimizing it in regards to your router. According to you though, the router worked fine prior to switching isp's/gateways. so I'd be looking at the gateway for settings. 

3. Did you contact support? Again, you're on the public forum where people from the public help out. To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top. Register an account (or login) and then the device. From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days after purchase. After that, support is a paid service that netgear uses Gearhead for. Feel free to contact support if thats your options. But complaining about the free support you're getting isn't going to help. its only going to have less people volunteering their time to help. 

4. All you will see is complaints on here. Its the support forum. Its where people come with problems. So all you will see is problems. Every major consumer networking company has a support forum. If you only went off those, you wouldn't think a single router worked. Its a matter of perspective. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7