Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 and Spark fibre connection

TC67
Follower

RBR20 and Spark fibre connection

I used the Orbi app to set up with my Spark fibre and all was ok, until I noticed that I couldn't access common websites (they gave me a error 404). I unplugged the Orbi and all was ok, but I was back to not having access to fibre throughout the house. I have contacted Spark and they suggested some changes, but they haven't worked. I have spent a lot of money on this system and now too many hours trying to get it to work. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR20 and Spark fibre connection

If when you unplugged  the Orbi you network continued to work then that means that you had two routers in your network when Orbi was working. That is probably the reason for the issues you're seeing!

Please choose to either set the Spark router into bridged mode or otherwise set Orbi in AP mode.

You should -normally- have only one router in your network.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 and Spark fibre connection

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@TC67 wrote:

I used the Orbi app to set up with my Spark fibre and all was ok, until I noticed that I couldn't access common websites (they gave me a error 404). I unplugged the Orbi and all was ok, but I was back to not having access to fibre throughout the house. I have contacted Spark and they suggested some changes, but they haven't worked. I have spent a lot of money on this system and now too many hours trying to get it to work. Any ideas?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7