Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 latest firmware update V2.6.2.104

krishdhar
Tutor

RBR20 latest firmware update V2.6.2.104

I just updated the firmware on RBR20 to V2.6.2.104 and now I have some devices have internet and others don't. Don't know why some devices cannot get internet even though they connect to wifi and I can see them in the list.

Any suggestionn is appreciated. Thanks. Krish

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 37
vajim
Master

Re: RBR20 latest firmware update V2.6.2.104

You might try rebooting the devices that appear not to connect 

Message 2 of 37
chrisgoodson1
Aspirant

My RBR20 is frequently dropping internet access for most of the WiFi connected devices on our network.  WiFi connections stay up, but internet access is lost (the status color in the app shows pink for the RBR20 when it gets in this state).  Interestingly, if I run Speedtest via the Orbi app, it generally connects and comes back with fast speeds.  So, I don't think it's my ATT modem (I have a 1 GB fiber circuit) losing it's connection.  Plus, if I reboot the Orbi RBR20 (either via a soft or hard reboot), then it generally fixes it, at least for a few hours.  I'm on Firmware version V2.6.2.104 and this issue has started several weeks ago.  I'm about to loose my mind and rip out all of this NetGear equipment.  We've got a houseful of people that need reliable access to the internet and this isn't working.  Please help!

Message 3 of 37
chrisgoodson1
Aspirant

By the way, we have repeatedly rebooted the devices that are connecting to the WiFi and that are experiencing the outages.  Plus, they all lose internet connectivity simultaneously. 

Message 4 of 37
vajim
Master

@chrisgoodson1 wrote:

My RBR20 is frequently dropping internet access for most of the WiFi connected devices on our network.  WiFi connections stay up, but internet access is lost (the status color in the app shows pink for the RBR20 when it gets in this state).  Interestingly, if I run Speedtest via the Orbi app, it generally connects and comes back with fast speeds.  So, I don't think it's my ATT modem (I have a 1 GB fiber circuit) losing it's connection.  Plus, if I reboot the Orbi RBR20 (either via a soft or hard reboot), then it generally fixes it, at least for a few hours.  I'm on Firmware version V2.6.2.104 and this issue has started several weeks ago.  I'm about to loose my mind and rip out all of this NetGear equipment.  We've got a houseful of people that need reliable access to the internet and this isn't working.  Please help!

If you feel your problems are due to a recent firmware update, perhaps you should try a factory reset.

Message 5 of 37
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@chrisgoodson1 wrote:

Is traffic-meter enabled ?

If yes, disable it. Known bug in the latest FW and discussed many times in the community.

Message 6 of 37
chrisgoodson1
Aspirant

Yes, it was enabled. I just disabled it and will see if that helps.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 37
chrisgoodson1
Aspirant

Turning off Traffic Meter seems to have helped but not fully resolved the issues.  Instead of having to reboot 5 - 6 times per day, it's down to 2 - 3 times.  I hate to do a factory reset but I guess that's the next step.  Hoping that it won't immediately re-upgrade to V2.6.2.104 and put me right back into the same boat.  

Message 8 of 37
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Then the next step is search the community. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RB20-drops-connection-after-update-v2-6-2-104/m-p/2076188/high...

Just keep in mind: This community is not a helpdesk. Most of the people posting here are volounteers and not paid. And the search function often shows results from other posts with the same or similar problem. Searching saves your and others time Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Also after a reset. Once the system is setup, be sure to save off a backup configuration to file. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Others have found resets have helped resolve there problems. Something to try. 

Good luck. 

@chrisgoodson1 wrote:

Turning off Traffic Meter seems to have helped but not fully resolved the issues.  Instead of having to reboot 5 - 6 times per day, it's down to 2 - 3 times.  I hate to do a factory reset but I guess that's the next step.  Hoping that it won't immediately re-upgrade to V2.6.2.104 and put me right back into the same boat.  

Message 10 of 37
krishdhar
Tutor

After spending a whole day noticed that the satellites are not able to get internet through the router wit firmware V2.6.2.104. Consquently, any device that connects to the satellite wont have internet. Sice you dont have control of which unit your device connects to, the only way I could fix this issue was to roll back the firmware to V2.5.1.16. I will wait until the next firmware update to upgrade.

Message 11 of 37
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@chrisgoodson1 wrote:

Try first a restart of all ORBI components (Power OFF all, wait 12 minute, power ON RBR, if tghere arfe RBS, power ON them after RBR is fully up).
From your posts here it is not clear if you've done that or not.

Message 12 of 37
chrisgoodson1
Aspirant

I have unplugged and rebooted (hard and soft) on numerous occaisons.  But I will say that I have never left it unplugged for as long as 12 minutes.  That seems like an excessively long time.  I've left it unplugged for probably 30 seconds to a minute.  However, I decided to downgrade the router firmware last night and try that.  I'm now running V 2.6.1.36 on the router.  The satellites (3) are still running V 2.6.2.104.  So far, I haven't run into the issue, but I will let it run for a couple of days before I declare victory.  🙂

Message 13 of 37
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@chrisgoodson1 wrote:

... I have never left it unplugged for as long as 12 minutes.  ...

Sorry, this was typo, I meant 1-2 minutes Smiley Surprised

I own a RBK50 and never changed the defaults for traffic-meter and NTP, and I was not affected by the bug(s) in the last available FW. But I have tested it as I saw the issues here and activated traffic-meter and this broke my network within less than 1 day.

Anyway, lets hope your system is back stable.

Message 14 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

@Ha_Ku_Na Just curious, when you activated TM, how did you configure it? I set mine for No Limit and just reporing data flow. Haven't seen any issues. Though I'm using the beta now. Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 37
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Ha_Ku_Na Just curious, when you activated TM, how did you configure it? I set mine for No Limit and just reporing data flow. Haven't seen any issues. Though I'm using the beta now. Smiley Embarassed

As I remember, I just enabled it without set any limits and not restartet the RBR/S's.

On the next morning, a lot of the connected devices were no longer working as expected.
Afterwards I've done a factory reset and reloaded the config from file.

Btw, I also asked a week ago one of the moderators for the beta but got no response until now ... any chance you can provide the files for RBR/S 50 ?

Message 16 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I set No Limit on the RBR, applied the setting and rebooted the RBR or I may have powered if OFF for 15 seconds then back ON. Did not see any problems with any devices after that. 

Message 17 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Also did not load a saved configuration from file either. 

Message 18 of 37
JJJustice
Tutor

I'm having the same issues, same FW, and have done a reset. Router drops off, shows pink in the app, then a reboot to restore. Frustrating. 

Message 19 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch. 

Be sure to disable any Traffic Meter, Armor or Circler after setting up and see how it goes. 

@JJJustice wrote:

I'm having the same issues, same FW, and have done a reset. Router drops off, shows pink in the app, then a reboot to restore. Frustrating. 

Message 20 of 37
JJJustice
Tutor

I did a total reset on it already and TM was disabled as well. I've had this package since Dec 2020, problem started about 3 weeks ago. Btw, not sure if important, but firmware updates on app comes back as error, and on web site says for the satellite downloading, then fail.

Model NameDevice NameCurrent VersionStatus
RouterRBR20RBR20V2.6.2.104No new firmware version available.
SatelliteRBW30Orbi Satellite-1V2.6.2.2Update failed

Message 21 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

That would be a reason of the the problem that the RBS is not using same version of FW. 

I don't see a v104 for the RBW30 though...So does the RBR work with out the RBW being online? 

Message 22 of 37
JJJustice
Tutor

I'll keep checking back, after the factory reset it took a week before it dropped connection. After I deleted the DST check mark a few minutes ago (as suggested), I ran the firmware update and now no new firmware available now. The failed error has been happening for the last 3 weeks, now magically gone. First 3 months of ownership were solid, somethin happened 3 weeks ago, perhaps last update? Appreciate the help.

Message 23 of 37
FURRYe38
Guru

So RBW sees a new version of FW?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 24 of 37
JJJustice
Tutor

No firmware available whereas before it failed

Model NameDevice NameCurrent VersionStatus
RouterRBR20RBR20V2.6.2.104No new firmware version available.
SatelliteRBW30Orbi Satellite-1V2.6.2.2No new firmware version available.

Modem is a Motorola Model E31T2V1

Message 25 of 37
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7