Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 won't connect to internet cm1150v modem

Jfog86
Aspirant

RBR20 won't connect to internet cm1150v modem

RBR20 won't connect to internet using CM1150V netgear modem. My playstation 4 is connected to the same modem via ethernet and works just fine. I've unplugged and plugged back in the modem and router several times each and even did a hard reset on the Orbi system and nothing has worked. I'm about done with netgear at this point
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 won't connect to internet cm1150v modem

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Power OFF the ISP Modem along with the RBR for 30 seconds. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Power ON the RBR. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC and a web browser at orbilogin.com.

Be sure to use a good working LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 5
Jfog86
Aspirant

How do I check the firmware? I'll try cycling the power again in the meantime
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The version shows on the log in page when you log in with a web browser. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

@Jfog86 wrote:
RBR20 won't connect to internet using CM1150V netgear modem. My playstation 4 is connected to the same modem via ethernet and works just fine. I've unplugged and plugged back in the modem and router several times each and even did a hard reset on the Orbi system and nothing has worked. I'm about done with netgear at this point

Make sure you unplug your playstation from the modem. The CM1150v has more than one ethernet port but your provider probably only provides 1 ip address. The Playstation might be pulling that address before the Orbi can. Plug the playstation into the orbi and let the orbi handle the IP addresses. Once you've unplugged the playstation, then follow the prior instructions you'd received on rebooting. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7