Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 not connecting to PlayStation network or some apps such as “Ring”

dvsdill92
Follower

RBR40 not connecting to PlayStation network or some apps such as “Ring”

I am having issues with my Orbi system connecting to PlayStation network and some other apps such as my ring security app. We have had zero problems with this set up since we bought it back in 2018.... our internet an WiFi works perfect we can watch YouTube tv and everything and surf the web etc. but now all of a sudden it won’t let us connect to PlayStation network? The PlayStation picks up the WiFi perfect because we can surf the web on the PlayStation also.... but even now in my ring security app it won’t let me look at my devices? But if I connect to my PlayStation or ring devices via cellular signal and not WiFi. Everything works perfect and we can connect as normal? We have talked to our internet service provider and everything is good on that end. I’ve done multiple reboots, multiple factory resets on the router even... and still nothing?
Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

Re: RBR40 not connecting to PlayStation network or some apps such as “Ring”

where is the playstation and how are you trying to connect (direct or wifi)?

Message 2 of 5
Arlrest
Initiate

Downloaded a update for my RBR40 with 2 satellites and now can't connect to the Playstation network. Everything else works fine. Playstation is connected directly to the router with Lan cable.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Power off the ISP modem/RBR and PS for 1 minute then back on first with the ISP modem then RBR then PS console. Be sure the console is getting an IP address from  the RBR first off. 

@Arlrest wrote:
Downloaded a update for my RBR40 with 2 satellites and now can't connect to the Playstation network. Everything else works fine. Playstation is connected directly to the router with Lan cable.

Message 4 of 5
Arlrest
Initiate

Thanks, I'll try that

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements