Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 401 Unauthorized at Orbilogin

MarkVB
Follower

RBR50 401 Unauthorized at Orbilogin

I would like to see how my RBR50 router is configured, particularly what channel(s) it is using, but when I try to log in to the router at orbilogin.com I get a "401 Unauthorized" message that says "Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication." It further says that to recover the router's admin passowrd I need to provide the router's serial number. When I do that I get two security questions, one of which I never would have selected. When I provide answers the system says they don't match what is saved on the router. I have internet access and the router seems to be working fine. Comcast is my internet service provider. I'm running a MacBook Pro with OS 10.11.6. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to reset the router if that's not necessary. Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

What happens when you point Safari at 192.168.1.1 rather than "orbilogin.com"?

Message 2 of 5
mazadi
Aspirant

I was getting this for a while as well. For some reason when I would type in orbilogin.com it was taking me to this wrong url. Go up to the address bar and double check the url that’s showing up. Delete everything back to orbilogin.com and you should be fine (assuming you have the same issue I was having). 

Message 3 of 5
DanCam83
Aspirant

Howdy Yall,

First post and I wasn't sure about askin since everything i look up points at me reseting my orbilogin information, here is the issue, I don't remember answer the question about which NETGEAR product i owned first o.O

Orbi RBR50

Firmware: v2.3.5.30

Windows 10

Opera Beta and Google Chrome Beta ( tried both )

Is there a way for me to reset those security question? I looked under my netgear account and i don't see it

200Mpbs download 227Mbps actually and 22Mbps upload

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

@DanCam83 wrote:

Howdy Yall,

First post and I wasn't sure about askin since everything i look up points at me reseting my orbilogin information, here is the issue, I don't remember answer the question about which NETGEAR product i owned first o.O

Orbi RBR50

Firmware: v2.3.5.30

Windows 10

Opera Beta and Google Chrome Beta ( tried both )

Is there a way for me to reset those security question? I looked under my netgear account and i don't see it

200Mpbs download 227Mbps actually and 22Mbps upload

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7