Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Firmware Update

RDMSYS
Star

RBR50 Firmware Update

I have a notification for new firmware (V2.5.1.16). However when I do the check, the router firmware is found but my Satellite stays at Please Wait A minute for 5 minutes then fails. I would like to apply it but I'm not sure with this issue.

Anyone else see this? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Firmware Update

It usually should do everything, however maybe some times that doesn't work. So the alternative method of manually loading FW is available. Glad it worked for you. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 10
RDMSYS
Star

Thanks but I would rather let it do it. I was thinking of doing it via the app. I'm still not sure that it would have issues or not.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

@RDMSYS wrote:

Thanks but I would rather let it do it. I was thinking of doing it via the app. I'm still not sure that it would have issues or not.

"let it do it" doesn't seem to be working. You can leave it as is but I wouldn't recommend updating via the app, especially if you're already having issues. Reason why is it tends to be the devices that were updated via the app or wireless that we tend to see corrupt firmware issues on. 

But again, up to you. 

Message 4 of 10
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@RDMSYS wrote:

I have a notification for new firmware (V2.5.1.16). However when I do the check, the router firmware is found but my Satellite stays at Please Wait A minute for 5 minutes then fails. I would like to apply it but I'm not sure with this issue.

Anyone else see this? 

Just did from iPhone and worked correctly.  

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try powering OFF then back ON, the RBS and RBR then use the RBRs web page again to check for the RBS update. 

What version of FW is currently loaded? 

@RDMSYS wrote:

Message 6 of 10
RDMSYS
Star

Current version is V2.5.1.8. I will give that a shot but cannot do it until after work with everyone here online.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

If all else falses you can manually download the RBS fw and upgrade the RBS 1st using it's web page, then go for updating the RBR lastly. 

Message 8 of 10
RDMSYS
Star

OK, I did it via the web. First it did update the router. Then came back and the satellite worked. Never saw this before as usually it does both at same time.

Thanks all...

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

It usually should do everything, however maybe some times that doesn't work. So the alternative method of manually loading FW is available. Glad it worked for you. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7