Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50. Not connecting to internet.

JDZSB
Aspirant

RBR50. Not connecting to internet.

I have a RBR50 router and satellite which has been working extremely well up to now. I came back from a week off and the WiFi in the house will not connect from the Router through the cable modem to the internet. I keep getting strange messages that the hardware certificate has run out or the orbilogin website is an invalid website. Something is wrong but it is over my head. I cannot get ahold of anyone at NetGear to even ask a question as to what to do next. The COX tech team tells me the modem is working perfectly, I have WiFI in the house, but cannot get the router to connect through the modem to the internet. 

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR50. Not connecting to internet.

Have you tried to factory reset the orbi unit and tried to use another web browser when accessing the orbi GUI?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
JDZSB
Aspirant

Re: RBR50. Not connecting to internet.

I finally figured out that the problem of not being able of getting on the internet was with the system. There was a firmware update to the RBR50 of which I was not aware of which was due to a hacking problem uncovered by someone who does that for a living to help out manufacturers. I had been trying to figure out what to do using my ipad which NetGear did not recognize for the orbilogin website. I had to get on my home computer which I had used for the original set up. When I did that it required me to log in as the admin and my password used when setting the system up originally. Once i got on the computer, and was prompted to login, it then authorized the use of the system with the new firmware. I never received an E-Mail or any notice of the issue or the corrective action, which was not a good practice by NetGear. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7