Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 Solid Magenta

Coztim
Aspirant

RBR50 Solid Magenta

Internet stopped working all of the sudden. RB50 Solid Magenta. Contacted ISP, went through all their troubleshooting and the connection to modem is good (tested with direct either to laptop). Reboot of RBR produced same results over and over - blinking white, followed by pulsing white, followed by solid magenta. After reading some posts decided to reset to factory. Reset RBR and RBSx2 no issues, blinking amber, now solid green. Reboot of RBR produced same results - blinking white, followed by pulsing white, followed by solid magenta. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 Solid Magenta

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@Coztim wrote:
Internet stopped working all of the sudden. RB50 Solid Magenta. Contacted ISP, went through all their troubleshooting and the connection to modem is good (tested with direct either to laptop). Reboot of RBR produced same results over and over - blinking white, followed by pulsing white, followed by solid magenta. After reading some posts decided to reset to factory. Reset RBR and RBSx2 no issues, blinking amber, now solid green. Reboot of RBR produced same results - blinking white, followed by pulsing white, followed by solid magenta. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim

If you are getting an internet connection, connected directly to your ISP modem/router, have you rebooted that device?

Message 3 of 5
Coztim
Aspirant

So if you mean the modem, yes.  Thankfully I kept my old EERO system and it came straight up (wifi everywhere).  Since then I have tried to bring my Orbi system back up two times with no luck.  Disconnect modem, reboot modem, follow Orbi intitial install instructions.  Each time same thing, flashing white, followed by pusling white, followed by solid magenta. 

Message 4 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@Coztim wrote:

So if you mean the modem, yes.  Thankfully I kept my old EERO system and it came straight up (wifi everywhere).  Since then I have tried to bring my Orbi system back up two times with no luck.  Disconnect modem, reboot modem, follow Orbi intitial install instructions.  Each time same thing, flashing white, followed by pusling white, followed by solid magenta. 

So you've done a factory reset and it did not fix it. How exactly did you perform the factory reset?

Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?

Did you reboot the device that your Orbi router is connected to?
Is your Orbi router setup in router or AP mode? 

Are you using ISP provided DNS servers or did you choose to use your own DNS?

After you reset the router, did you perform an install as if out of the box?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7