Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50: Very slow LAN

skilled_buyer
Aspirant

RBR50: Very slow LAN

Hi community!

I know this topic has been discussed many times, but I cannot find an answer for it anywhere.

I have a Netgear Orbi of first generation configured in router mode. To be clear, RBR50 with a RBS50 satellite. When I transfer files from 1 computer to another, I get around 100mbps speed. When I download from internet, I get 500mbps speed, which is my internet plan speed.

I tried all the possible configuration. Wifi to wired ethernet and wired ethernet to wired ethernet and I always get this slow LAN speed. I tried multiple different cables too, including  brand new cat 5 / 6.

Is anybody was able to fix this slow LAN speed?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50: Very slow LAN

have you checked what speeds the computer is connecting at? 

Maybe its port is only connecting at 100mbps speeds. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24222/How-do-I-display-Internet-port-statistics-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Message 2 of 4
skilled_buyer
Aspirant

I did some more testing and found something very interesting. Also, let me add some details on the configuration.

PC1:  windows, wired (1 gbps) to router

PC2: windows, wired (1 gbps) to satellite

PC3: windows, wifi to router

NAS: NetgearOS, wired to router

Transfers from and to the NAS from any computer are fast. Internet is fast on all computers. Transfers from any computer to any computers are slow. I tried both big file transfer and iperf network benchmark.

Fast = more than 400mbps

Slow = between 60 and 120mbps

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Makes me think some setup in the pc's are the issue if file transfers from the nas and using an online benchmark are fast. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7