Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 WIFI connected no internet and/or WIFI connected, apparently fine, but no internet connection

Fedmate
Tutor

RBR50 WIFI connected no internet and/or WIFI connected, apparently fine, but no internet connection

Hello Community, after almost 4 years of pristine service I am daily encountering the following problem:

1) Wifi connected, no Internet access. Rebooting (turning off Orbi power) all fine for approx 24 hours, then wifi connected but no Internet

2) Happened only once: Wifi connected, Internet access ok (at least no mention of internet access problem) but still no Internet ! Rebooting, all works for a few hours, then back to problem as #1

3) Also devices connected via cable (LAN) do not have Internet access but work fine after rebooting

My system is configured as follows:

Spectrum Modem providing the Internet acces to Orbi RBR50 + 1 Orbi RBS 50 Satellite.

Over 20 devices connected.

Orbis are running with updated firmware V2.7.2.104.

I also did a hard reset on both Orbis (also disconnecting the cables) and a soft rebooting (power off) on the Spectrum Modem.

I read on Internet that router should be changed after 20 000 hours of utilization. Is that the possible cause? Any kind suggestions? Please bear in mind that I am not an IT expert, only very basic know how. Thank you. Federico 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Re: RBR50 WIFI connected no internet and/or WIFI connected, apparently fine, but no internet connect

Message 2 of 6
Fedmate
Tutor

Re: RBR50 WIFI connected no internet and/or WIFI connected, apparently fine, but no internet connect

Thank you, I did it through the phone access to Orbi as I couldn't find it via the PC. Let's see if it works now. Regards

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

Disable "Traffic-Meter", see:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-keeps-losing-internet-since-firmware-2-7-2-104-update/m-...

Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

Message 4 of 6
Fedmate
Tutor

Thank you, clear now. Federico

Message 5 of 6
Fedmate
Tutor

Thank you All for the suggestions. After 4 days Orbi works perfectly!!! Regards. Federico

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7