Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 & RBS50 Firmware will not update

pwgerardi
Aspirant

RBR50 & RBS50 Firmware will not update

I have an Orbi RBR50/RBS50 that is stuck on firmeware version 1.4.0.18. Everytime I check for updates it says current.  Tried to manually do update and no success. I tried going to go in succession to 1.4.0.34 then tried other versions of 1.xx then tried the 2.x with no luck every time I try to upload the file it comes back with Filename incorrect, use the correct file. I am trying to do satellite first as per instructions.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please download v2.0.0.74 for the RBR and RBS. Update the RBS first, then update the RBR to v2.0.0.74 lastly. After that you can apply v60 to the RBS. You may need v212 for the RBR first then v60. Use a wired PC to do this update process. 

Message 2 of 8
pwgerardi
Aspirant

Thanks for replying, tried that & will not work no matter which version I try.  I am using a Mac, des that matter?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

v2.0.0.74 should work. Be sure you use Safari or Firefox browsers. Factory reset both RBS and RBR. You can update the RBS first with out conneting it to the RBR with a wired PC/Mac. Wire connecrt a PC to the RBS and wait for the PC to get an IP address. Log in to the RBS web page at 192.168.1.250. Log in admin and PW is password. 

Mac shouldn't be a factor however if you have a windows PC, please try IE11 or FF browser there. 

Be sure your unpacking the .zip files to reveal the actual FW update file. 

Message 4 of 8
pwgerardi
Aspirant

Still the same reponse, was using Chrome but tried with Firefox same results: Filrmware filename incorrect

Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

What is the file name?   It is supposed to be something like: RBR50-V2.3.1.60.img (this the latest one I downloaded)

Message 6 of 8
pwgerardi
Aspirant

Latest I tried was RBS50-V2.0.0.74.img

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support...

Message 8 of 8