Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 can’t check update firmware

sunnibakeryhot
Initiate

RBR50 can’t check update firmware

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50 can’t check update firmware

Have you tried a manual update? 

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

what version are you currently on? 

What modem is it connected to?

You also posted in the nighthawk section, not the orbi section. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 3 of 9

I updated my RBR50 and its satellites (manually) and I'm still getting the same behavior. Smiley Sad

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 5 of 9
sunnibakeryhot
Initiate

Firmware version v2.5.2.4

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

I waited for the weekend and did a factory reset in all my Orbis (RBR50, RBS50 and RBS50Y).
Everything now is showing online (Orbi App and Orbi's web administration console).
I can even check for new firmware update through the Orbi's web administration console.
The only thing is my RBS50Y after check done shows firmware update failed (but there is no firmware update to do at the time as it is running the 2.6.1.40 version).
I had to configure all my network configuration by hand as someone else in the community claimed the factory reset procedure kept the old problems when using the backup file.
Good luck!

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its' working know. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@LuizAlmeida wrote:

Hi,

I waited for the weekend and did a factory reset in all my Orbis (RBR50, RBS50 and RBS50Y).
Everything now is showing online (Orbi App and Orbi's web administration console).
I can even check for new firmware update through the Orbi's web administration console.
The only thing is my RBS50Y after check done shows firmware update failed (but there is no firmware update to do at the time as it is running the 2.6.1.40 version).
I had to configure all my network configuration by hand as someone else in the community claimed the factory reset procedure kept the old problems when using the backup file.
Good luck!

Best Regards,

Luiz Almeida

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7