Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 devices not connecting to satellite

Mj20181229
Follower

RBR50 devices not connecting to satellite

I have a RBR50- one router and 2 satellites. Twice this week devices are not connecting to satellite 1 even though they are feet away from it. If I reboot satellite 1 devices will then connect to it. Firmware is up to date.

I’m the iPhone app when devices are not connecting to it I notice on the network map satellite 1 has a amber light next to it and not green.

Is anyone aware of a permenant solution for this?
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR50 devices not connecting to satellite

Seems that satellite 1 has a bad wireless connection.

- In the Orbi iPhone app, when you see the yellow connection status do you see satellite 1 connected to the router or to satellite 2 (star or daisy chain topology)?

- Try to toggle Daisy Chain setting and see if that improves the connctivity.

- If possible, please get satellite 1 closer to the Router. Is satellite 1 closer to the router or is it closer to satellite 2?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 devices not connecting to satellite

Try resetting the satellite and then re-add it to the system? factory reset the satellite using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate, Then hit the sync button on the back of the router then sync button on the satellite. You can do this while in the same room as the base router.

Swap locations with the workng satellite to see if it connects.

@Mj20181229 wrote:
I have a RBR50- one router and 2 satellites. Twice this week devices are not connecting to satellite 1 even though they are feet away from it. If I reboot satellite 1 devices will then connect to it. Firmware is up to date.

I’m the iPhone app when devices are not connecting to it I notice on the network map satellite 1 has a amber light next to it and not green.

Is anyone aware of a permenant solution for this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7