Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 drops internet connection at exact point random devices connect

RCGuy666
Aspirant

RBR50 drops internet connection at exact point random devices connect

We've had this system installed for more than a year now - never with great reliability.  Main issue is that during 'normal operation' during the day - the moment any random device connects (like powering on a laptop) we lose our internet connection.  This can be starting a large download on phone, or simply turning on an Ipad or tablet. 

Remedy is to reboot (power down then up) our Xplornet modem.

When we lose the internet the ring glows magenta.  Rebooting only the RBR50 usually does not restore the internet.  It's as if when this happens - it locks up the Xplornet modem.

I see many similar issues - is there a remedy?

Running firmware version V2.5.2.4 (main + satellites)

Satellites approx 30-50 feet from main

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 drops internet connection at exact point random devices connect

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 6
RCGuy666
Aspirant

It's an Xplornet LTE modem panel mounted on a 50' tower beside my shop. The reset consists of unplugging the POE power supply that connects to it, then plugging back in.

I can try logging into the panel tonight and see what info I can find.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

There have been some posts regarding v4 FW and some bad experiences, you might upgrade to something more recent:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

Message 4 of 6
RCGuy666
Aspirant

Ok thanks!  I'll look at updating the firmware this evening.  Will post results if this works.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements