Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 factory reset itself 2.5.1.8

ScottWay
Aspirant

RBR50 factory reset itself 2.5.1.8

Curious if anyone has had their Orbi RBR50 running Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.8 just reset itself back to factory defaults?

Things got real slow for a while, I restarted the router and when it came back it was factory reset. Odd?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

A long while ago on a different FW version once. Possible problem it encounted after you updated which caused this. I would probably ensure the system is working and setup again by doing a factory reset and setup from scratch. Once setup, be sure to do a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

@ScottWay wrote:

Curious if anyone has had their Orbi RBR50 running Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.8 just reset itself back to factory defaults?

Things got real slow for a while, I restarted the router and when it came back it was factory reset. Odd?

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

There are known issues with 2.5.1.8

Your best bet is to revert/roll your FW back to the last stable version and stop updating manually.

Message 3 of 6
ScottWay
Aspirant

In a previous community thread I was advised to move up to this as it is the most stable version. I guess I am happy to be on whatever is stable, but what version exactly might that be?

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I haven't seen any reset issues with v2.5.1.8 on mine. Again, I factory reset and setup from scratch then save off a new backup configuration to file. I and others have reported stable operation with this version. Use what you feel works best for you though. 

@ScottWay wrote:

In a previous community thread I was advised to move up to this as it is the most stable version. I guess I am happy to be on whatever is stable, but what version exactly might that be?

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@ScottWay wrote:

In the world of evolving FW, the best practice is IF your system is working, leave it alone.  When you need a FW, NG will push it, no action on your part.  Simple.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7