Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 fails when connecting satellite via EoP

3DMark
Follower

RBR50 fails when connecting satellite via EoP

I’m trying to connect my router and satellite via a Netgear Powerline 1100. The connection works great when wireless, but when I plug in the Ethernet connection, the entire system goes down. Devices remain connected to the router, but the external internet connection drops. I followed the instructions in this document, bI’ll keeping the external Ethernet connection in the yellow jack: https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Both router and satellite are on the latest firmware version, 2.0.1.4.

I feel like I’m missing something stupid, but the setup is so easy that I can’t figure out what I could be doing wrong.

Does anyone have any guesses where to look?

(For what it’s worth, I’m getting such good performance from the wireless backhaul that I’m not even sure the ethermet connection will be an improvement. But I‘d still like to get it working to find out!)

Thanks for any ideas.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 fails when connecting satellite via EoP

Are you trying to connect the Orbi behind this PL system? Main Host router>PL>Orbi?

Are you using the orbi in router mode or AP mode? If AP mode, try using the LAN port on the back of the Orbi router, black port.

Whats the main host router Mfr and model#?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7