Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 frequent losing internet connection

azrai88
Aspirant

RBR50 frequent losing internet connection

Dear all,

My devices keep disconnected from ORBI WIFI network frequently almost every 1-2 minutes and reconnected back, and then keep repeating.

As there is no problem to connect to the internet when my PC laptop connect to Orbi router via cable (ethernet), I highly suspect the issue mainly because of the WIFI network setting (or could be becasue of DOS attack that makes the router shuts its Wifi network I suppose??)

I have done factory reset and the firmware update is already the latest 2.7.3.22 but no effect.

I have another Orbi router RBR850 and it works just fine wirelessly with the same set-up (Orbi router connects to ISP moderm).

Appreciate your support!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you describe which type of devices drop and regain WiFi connection?

Is it every device?

DoS attacks do not cause the Orbi to pause WiFi.

Message 2 of 4
azrai88
Aspirant

All types of devices (PC laptop and desktop, iPhone and iPad to be specific) drop and regain the WiFi connection, happen non-stop.
Yes, every device.
Message 3 of 4
azrai88
Aspirant

Any idea anyone? Any idea why the WiFi behaves that way (drop and immediately reconnect immediately - happens every 2-3 min for all type of devices, non-stop) but running just fine when using cable? 

Been using RBR50 almost without interruption for almost three years. Gave this to my parents while me upgraded to RBR850, but they enjoyed it just for two months and returned it to me.

Configuration issue? hardware malfuntion? need to downgrade the firmware? seems few others experience the same.

Appreciate any support or feedback.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7