Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 in AP Modus ohne WLAN wenn keine Internet Verbindung

walterw2
Aspirant

RBR50 in AP Modus ohne WLAN wenn keine Internet Verbindung

Mein RBR50 mit 2 Satelliten (neuste FW) ist im AP Modus konfiguriert. Wenn ich die Internetverbindung auf der Firewall verliere, ist keine WLAN Verbindung über den RBR50 mehr möglich, auch nicht ins Heim Netzwerk. Ich habe keine Konfigurationsmöglichkeit dafür gefunden und es macht m.E. auch keinen Sinn. Ich will auch ohne Internetverbindung immer alle lokalen Geräte über WLAN erreichen können.

a) ist dieses Problem bekannt?

b) ist das auch in den neuen Routern wie z.B. dem Orbi Tri-Band-WiFi 6-Mesh-System, 6 Gbit/s, Router + 2 Satelliten so?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50 in AP Modus ohne WLAN wenn keine Internet Verbindung

When its in AP mode, its relying on the primary router (whatever's managing dhcp because the orbi router isn't in ap mode) to assign IP addresses. If that router isn't doing so because its down, then nothing is assigning ip addresses and you're not going to be able to access them. 

Message 2 of 5
walterw2
Aspirant

The router is not down, just the internet connection to/from the provider, so it still provides DHCP services within the LAN and this works for all wired connections, but as it seems not for ORBI in AP mode and that is my issue.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

The orbi's don't assign the IP address in AP mode. the primary router does. I've used my orbi's while offline and they work fine. I've never tried it in AP mode but again, that'll all be dependent on the primary router. 

Message 4 of 5
walterw2
Aspirant

I was probably not very clear on what the scenario is. My iPhone is connected via the ORBI in AP mode to my LAN and through the Zyxel USG 60 Firewall to the internet and I can reach the internet and all my devices on my LAN. Then there is an issue with the provider and the internet connection is down for a while. Now the ORBI goes pink and stops providing a wireless AP, i.e. my iPhone reconnects to the mobile services of my iPhone and the access point in the iPhone WLAN settings list is gone. No access to the LAN any more. That is the biggest issue of this situation. Note that I had an IP address and I was connected. No need for the the USG 60 to provide an IP address and ORBI to stop its wireless services. The ORBI has its own fix IP address, so no need to ask for a new one. It would be ok raising a flag, log a warning or whatever but not stop working.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7