Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 once set to AP mode cannot detect satellites

freesole
Aspirant

RBR50 once set to AP mode cannot detect satellites

So I set my RBR50 router to AP Mode (back story is that I am doing this so Xbox Live can work) and now my two satellites (RBS50) cannot be detected on my network map (on the network map, the color is magenta for the satellites and green for the router). Somehow, my house is still getting wifi and my devices can connect to wifi. 

Any idea why this is? How would I reconnect my satellites? I have tried to resync wireless but to not avail.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50 once set to AP mode cannot detect satellites

Perhaps a few more details will help.

• The Orbi is now in AP mode, which means that the ISP device it is connected to is a "router", correct?
    Can you provide the brand and model number of the ISP device?
  • Apart from the satellite showing magenta dots, is it correct that there are WiFi devices connected to the satellites which are actually working?
  • Have you opened a web browser and connected to the Orbi web management interface and opened the "Attached Devices" page?
    When in AP mode, I am not confident that the Orbi will resolve "orbilogin.net" to the Orbi IP address (maybe it does, but I can't use AP mode so I can't verify that.)  I would browse to http://<ip of orbi router> where the IP address should be found on the App under the router description.
Message 2 of 4
freesole
Aspirant

• The Orbi is now in AP mode, which means that the ISP device it is connected to is a "router", correct?
    Can you provide the brand and model number of the ISP device?

[Response] Correct - The house is wired for fibre optic and through a Worldwide Packets 38SF switch. 
  • Apart from the satellite showing magenta dots, is it correct that there are WiFi devices connected to the satellites which are actually working?

[Response] Well that's the thing, my wireless devices are working but when I log in to Routerlougin, there are no devices attached showing. 

• Have you opened a web browser and connected to the Orbi web management interface and opened the "Attached Devices" page?
    When in AP mode, I am not confident that the Orbi will resolve "orbilogin.net" to the Orbi IP address (maybe it does, but I can't use AP mode so I can't verify that.)  I would browse to http://<ip of orbi router> where the IP address should be found on the App under the router description.

[Response] How do I find the IP of my router? 
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@freesole wrote

[Response] How do I find the IP of my router? 

On my Orbi app, I click on the (picture of a little house), then Settings, then on Router Settings, and the IP address is the item on the bottom.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7