Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 satellite devices

paulc1978
Aspirant

RBR50 satellite devices

I have the Orbi RBR50 (in the lounge fairly close to the garden satellite) with 2 satellites, one in the garden summerhouse (hard wired) and one upstairs. Is it possible to set any devices in the garden summerhouse to connect only to the garden satellite. On occasions they try to connect to the main router in the lounge as its not too far away. The problem with this is that the device (Sonos or Firestick) drops when switching and then drops again when switching back. Very frustrating and am hoping there is a way I can dedicate these devices to connect to the garden satellite only which is a very good connection to the main router. 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50 satellite devices

No. there isn't a way to set them to a specific satellite. They roam based off their own roaming protocol. 

If you have 2 much coverage through, it can cause more frequent roaming. You could try turning your broadcast power from 100% down to 75% and see if it helps. 

Message 2 of 3
paulc1978
Aspirant

Re: RBR50 satellite devices

Hiya

Ok, thanks for your suggestions. I will try this and see if it works

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation