Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 v2 add on satellite

Harryp78
Aspirant

RBR50 v2 add on satellite

Hi All,

I can’t add another rbs50 satellite (not a v2). I have 2 satellites currently but the 3rd one I’m trying to add is not being found by the router. I hardwired it in with Ethernet and it appeared the firewires are all the same on router and satellites. But every time i trying and set it up it says it can’t find it even when I’m sitting next to the router. Am slowly going mad.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try turning OFF the other RBS and just have the one RBS in same room with the RBR. Try using the RBRs web page to add the RBS first. 

Ensure the RBS has same FW loaded as the RBR does. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Harryp78 wrote:

Hi All,

I can’t add another rbs50 satellite (not a v2). I have 2 satellites currently but the 3rd one I’m trying to add is not being found by the router. I hardwired it in with Ethernet and it appeared the firmware is the same on router and satellites. But every time i trying and set it up it says it can’t find it even when I’m sitting next to the router. Am slowly going mad.

Thanks in advance

This may sound silly, but you might try:

• Get out a paperclip and do a Factory Reset on this third satellite.  Depending on how you acquired it, that satellite may have already been linked to a different router and is waiting for it to appear.
  • Disconnect the Ethernet cable and go through the Add Orbi Satellite process.  When the process mentions pressing the "Sync" buttons on router and satellite, that indicates they are supposed to "find each other" over WiFi.  After they have become linked, the Ethernet connection should work as well.
Message 3 of 6
Harryp78
Aspirant

Hi sorry for delay in reply been away. How do I go to RBR web page.
I have turned off other RBS , I have done factory reset on the 3rd RBS .
When I do sync it flashes white and then nothing no color.
Thanks in advance
Message 4 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Harryp78,

To get to your Orbi admin page connect to your Orbi network then navigate to Orbilogin.com. 

Please navigate to the following link for default login credentials:

How do I change my Orbi WiFi System's admin login password? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Harryp78
Aspirant

Hi All

Thank you for all your help. I tried all of the above and was going to throw said RBS out of the window when all of a sudden it connected, I don’t know how or why but it saved it self from a painful ending.

Many many thanks fro me and the RBS
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7